Gift of Buddhist Images to
Vietnamese Temple "Chua Hoa Nghiem"
Inside the head of the principal Buddha statue there are 8 small Buddha and Buddha relics for protection. This leads to the 8 ways of the wheel (North, East, West, South, North-East, North-West, South-East and South-West) and the beginning of nature to come and protect human life, this is called the Four Noble Truths. It is the foundation in which the Lord Buddha has laid down for all of us to follow. The Eight Fold Paths whichever we want to follow it, comes to protect human life, and it is borne by the four noble truths.
- to be born,
- to get old,
- to be sick and,
- to pass away
The Four Noble Truths come from nature
- air and,
Together this eight noble truths, these elements, once combined lead us to who we are. The reason we live on until now is the eight noble truths that protect human life and Buddha too. Why? Buddha was a human, the same as when he was born in the human world, his enlightenment came to pass in the human world, and he gained enlightenment by himself when he passed away in human world again.
This is my version of the story, which I think it is true.
Installation of specially made eight small Buddha statues in special metal and the Buddha relics in the head of the principal statue are as follows:
- 1 small gold Buddha statue, 24K, 17g turns face to the East direction
- 1 small gold Buddha statue, 18K, 7g turns face to the West direction
- 1 small silver Buddha statue turns face to the North direction
- 1 small bronze Buddha statue turns face to the South direction
- 4 small Buddha statues made with special metal turn faces to North-East, North-West, South-East and South-West direction respectively
Written by Luongta Chanhphy Manivong
21st March 1998
909 SW 29th St. Cape Coral FL33914, USA
Sponsors: Mr&Mrs Buasay Khammy Vongravong